Monday, February 13, 2012

Restaurant: Anime Ramen and Teriyaki

Ratings at a Glance 
(100 points max for each category):

Food: 90
Prices: 80
Atmosphere: 85
People: 100

Overall Rating: 88.75

Location:

Anime Ramen & Teriyaki
4355 Spring Mountain RD #101
Las Vegas, NV 89102

Phone: 702-252-5088
Website: www.animeramenlasvegas.com

Review:

Hello everyone, and welcome to the first restaurant review of Otaku Vegas!

The food here is delicious. There are traditional types of food served at Anime Ramen and Teriyaki but I focused mainly on the ramen. The ramen is served in a giant bowl that should provide enough food for all but the hungriest of customers. All the ramen they serve come with both meat and vegetables and an ample serving of noodles. They also have a large list of items you can add to your ramen for an additional cost, including another serving of noodles if you still have enough of the broth left. My family and I tried the Shoyu ramen and the Miso Ramen. Both came with pork slices that were absolutely delicious and fell apart in our mouths :-) We also tried the Furikake Fries and the Teriyaki sliders both of which were good but not particularly unique.


The prices at Anime Ramen & Teriyaki are more than the food itself should cost. The ramen bowls start at $8 and can be as much as $10. The other entrees have the same price ranges as the ramen and the appetizers range from $3 to $8. The Furikake Fries are the best deal as they come in a rather large basket and taste great. If the entrees cost about $2 less I feel that would be perfectly priced. Despite this, I rated the prices here at 80 due to the fact that you are paying for more than just the food, you are paying for the great atmosphere and awesome waitresses.

Speaking of the atmosphere, Anime Ramen & Teriyaki has it in spades. The dining area has red walls with a wooden bottom half. On the walls are hung large images of many popular anime characters from anime like Naruto, Deathnote, and Dragonball Z. Anime music and Jpop are played in the background just loud enough to be easily heard but not so loud as to drown out your conversation. There are several TV monitors that play subtitled movies and, I assume, anime (while I was there The Last Samurai was playing). The only problem I had was that the seats felt a little strange to me, though I never could figure out why that was.

Last but not least, the waitresses at Anime Ramen & Teriyaki are absolutely great. The waitresses were all dressed in various cosplay outfits and all had hair/wigs that were the same crazy colors you see in anime. Besides looking both cute and beautiful at the same time, the waitresses were also very kind and efficient while delivering food to their customers. My family and I were asked multiple times if everything was ok and our drinks were always kept full. Personally, I feel that quality of the waitresses/waiters in a restaurant and second in importance only to the quality of the food. For this reason, I feel confident that everyone who reads this blog will enjoy their visit to Anime Ramen & Teriyaki. I certainly plan to visit as often as my budget allows :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment